Having a growth mindset is powerful! There are many ways we can cultivate a growth mindset each day. Mantras and statements are simple and effective tools to encourage children and they can be used in a variety of ways.
We’ve created a list of 45 Growth Mindset Mantras based on input from our Raising Kids with a Growth Mindset Facebook Community! You can start using these in your home or classroom.
Before you continue, we thought you might like to download our FREE Your Words Matter Kit. With these 10 popular parenting guides, you will know exactly how to speak to your children to help them develop confidence, internal motivation, and a can-do attitude.
- Mistakes are an opportunity to grow.
- Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.
- Mistakes are expected, inspected, and corrected.
- If what I’m doing isn’t working, then what I’m doing has to change.
- I can’t do it...YET!
- Today, I will try something new!
- Practice makes progress.
- I can do hard things!
- I fail now, so I can master later.
- Even if I make mistakes while trying, I will still try my best every time because eventually, I will succeed!
- FAIL= First Attempt In Learning
- Mistakes are how I learn.
- Whatever happens, I’ll handle it.
- This is tough but so am I.
- Everyone makes mistakes, that's why pencils have erasers.
- Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
- I am capable.
- Do your best and learn from your mistakes.
- Do your best and have fun!
- Be the change you want to see!
- If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you!
- Forget the mistake, remember the lesson.
- Big ideas start small.
- Everything is difficult before it gets easy!
- The expert in anything was once a beginner.
- If you learn to love challenges, you will always be growing.
- I have GRIT and I don’t quit!
- Whether you believe you can or you can’t, you’re right.
- Mistakes make your brain grow.
- I’m not perfect, I’m learning.
- Let’s make better mistakes tomorrow.
- Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard.
- Say you can, you might. Say you can’t, you’re right.
- I am safe. I am calm. I can handle this.
- Chances aren’t given, they’re taken.
- Anything worth doing is worth doing badly. Just give it a try.
- Limits exist only in my mind.
- You’ve got this and I’ve got you!
- Attitude is everything.
- Patience, perseverance, and practice.
- Keep going until you’re proud.
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
- If you need more time, you just need more time.
- You control your choices.
- Learning is messy.
Looking for a useful, fun, and helpful growth mindset resource? Our popular Big Life Journal - 2nd Edition (ages 7-10) helps children develop strong Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) and growth mindset skills through inspiring stories, colorful illustrations, and engaging guided activities. In this beautifully illustrated journal, children learn how to believe in themselves, face challenges with confidence, and use mistakes as opportunities to grow!
7 thoughts on “45 Growth Mindset Mantras”
April 7, 2020 at 21:34pm
Martine Goldberg says:
April 7, 2020 at 21:35pm
Lindi leddin says:
March 5, 2020 at 19:43pm
Susie Pettit says:
March 5, 2020 at 19:43pm
Tracey M Taylor says:
August 11, 2020 at 20:36pm
Amazing words I’ll start learning them to my kids and personally, I got useful of them indeed. I’m wondering what if my kids keep them in their mind it will have a very good impact on their attitude and their character in the future thanks a lot and waiting for more.
Good morning. I have been using some of these tools with my 6th Grade Advisory group. We are in online learning mode for a few weeks and that helps give them some tangible tools during this uncharted time.
It is wonderful to see such positive support for children – thanks for sharing!
Great post, as usual. Thank you for all these tools. I use them with my kids and in my coaching program. I never ever regret my purchases made with you!
This is a very powerful resource. Too many children think that they have to be perfect, which is of course, setting them up for failure.