CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
In this episode, children will:
- learn how using meditation can help them feel and sleep better
- be inspired by our listener Kristina
- Breathing Makes it Better: A Book for Sad Days, Mad Days, Glad Days, and all the Feelings In-Between by Christopher Willard
- Bee Still by Frank Silio
- Mind Bubbles by Heather Krantz
- Wild Mindfulness by Laura Larson
- A World of Pausabilities is another title by Frank Silio
- Here and Now by Julia Denos
- 3 Minutes Body Scan Meditation by Fablefy
- Mindfulness for Kids: What does being present mean? by Fablefy
- Cosmic Kids Zen Den Playlist - Mindfulness Series for Kids by Cosmic Kids
- 5 Mindfulness Exercises for Kids by Cosmic Kids
- Breathing Buddies by Edutopia
- Mindfulness Videos for Kids by GoNoodle
1. Complete Weeks 19 & 20 "Be Mindful" in the Big Life Journal - 1st Edition. Practice mindful smiling every morning when your child wakes up. If done regularly, this exercise will make children happier, healthier, and more positive.
2. Practice mindfulness using these 5 Fun Mindfulness Activities for Children (in our Positivity & Connection Kit) in your home or classroom. These simple yet effective activities are designed to bring calm and to help children be in the present moment. Make mindfulness practices a regular part of your routine to reap the benefits.3. When difficult moments arise, use the Calming Strategies for Adults (in our Resilience Kit) to pause and regain calm (and model this response to your children). Place this simple and elegant poster somewhere it can easily be seen.
4. Use the My Strategies to Feel Calm poster (in our Resilience Kit) to teach children emotional regulation. When they experience "big feelings", we want them to learn how to move through these emotions in a positive way. Whenever they need a calming activity, refer to the poster for quick, effective ideas.
5. Check out the Podcast Activity Kit for Seasons 1 & 2. The kit includes engaging activities to boost self-esteem, teach the importance of learning from mistakes, encourage resilience and more!
- How did meditation help Kristina sleep better?
- What’s one way you can use mindfulness to help you relax?
- Can you think of a time in your day when you can benefit from being mindful?
For Parents and Teachers
- 5 Fun Mindfulness Activities for Children
- Top 50 Mindfulness Resources for Children & Teens
- 7 Activities to Help Your Child Develop a Positive Attitude
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Kait Bibb.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!