Zara and Leo love hearing stories from our listeners! In our mini-episodes, we discover some of the amazing things Big Life Kids are up to in their own lives... prepare to be dazzled!
This week, Peyton from South Carolina in the USA gives us some excellent advice on how to focus on being yourself and doing your best.
In this episode, children will:
- learn to focus on being themselves and doing their best
- be inspired by Peyton, our listener from South Carolina, USA
- Read Chapter 5 "Be Unique, Be You" of the Big Life Journal - Second Edition and your child will fill out fun pages to learn more about themselves.
- What makes YOU unique?
- We Are All Different - and THAT'S AWESOME! TedTalk by Cole Blakeway
- I am Human: Unique and Imperfect
- What’s wrong with me? Absolutely nothing TedTalk by Gabi Ury
1. Use the I Am Uniquely Me Board (in the Podcast Activity Kit) to explore what makes children unique. It can be done as a family, group, or classroom setting and have everyone share their boards and celebrate the beautiful differences that make our world a wonderful place.
2. Create the Love & Connection Cube (in the Positivity & Connection Kit) to use in moments when someone needs extra love and support.
3. Use the My Fortune Teller printable (in the Self-Esteem & Confidence Kit) to demonstrate different coping strategies to deal with anxiety or difficult situations. As your child practices these strategies, they will be able to cope when a difficult situation arises.
4. Create a Family Manifesto (in the Positivity & Connection Kit) to highlight all the unique things about your family and to foster a sense of belonging and connection in your children.
- What did Peyton do when she got nervous?
- What makes you nervous sometimes?
- What strategies can you use to calm your nerves?
For Parents and Teachers
7 New (And Fun) Ways for Kids To Do Affirmations
- 7 Activities to Help Your Child Develop a Positive Attitude
- 5 Fun Mindfulness Activities for Children
- Want Your Kids To Have High Self-Esteem? Science Says Do This
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Kait Bibb.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!