Our NEW bonus episodes are here to celebrate some of our BIGGEST Big Life Kids fans. In Episode #3, we send messages to THREE Big Life families! Join in the fun by playing our ‘Spot the Clue’ game and put your Big Life Kids knowledge to the test! Plus, discover the value of trying new things and the power of perseverance.
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- test their Big Life Kids Podcast knowledge
- discover the value of trying new things and working together
- learn about the power of perseverance.
- I Can Do Hard Things: Mindful Affirmations for Kids This book offers powerful affirmations children can use to motivate themselves to overcome whatever obstacles they face.
- Ambitious Girl: Picture Book A recent bestselling book written to empower children, specifically young girls, to try new things and go after their dreams.
- The Most Magnificent Thing A sweet story about perseverance and not letting mistakes keep you from trying again.
- Leap (PG) A young girl never gives up on her dream of becoming a ballerina.
- Sesame Street: Bruno Mars: Don’t Give Up This upbeat song encourages children to keep trying and to persevere.
- Never Give Up, Traditional Cheese Shop A short film about working together, trying new things and accomplishing your goals.
1. Put together the “My Getting Unstuck Spinner” found in the Resilience Printable Kit. A fun activity to remind children to keep trying if they fail or feel stuck.
2. Check out the Podcast Season 3 & 4 Printable Activity Kit to relive past adventures with Leo and Zara and enjoy some of our favorite children’s crafts from previous episodes.
3. Keep an “Adventure Diary”, as mentioned in our list of Seven Ways to Encourage Your Child to Try New Things, to keep track of all the new things you try.
- Lyla, Kerrick (pronounced “Eric”) and Juliet have been trying new things. What’s something new you’ve tried this week?
- Leo and Zara mentioned a few different ways Hazel and Orion could work together to put on a play. What were some of the ideas Leo and Zara suggested?
- Leo and Zara reminded Bella, Ellie and DJ to keep trying when facing challenges with homeschooling. What motto/affirmation will you use to remind yourself to keep trying when you face challenges?
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Maloney.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!