Zara and Leo head to Gothenburg, Sweden, to solve a mystery! Discover how TRYING NEW THINGS can lead to new ways to have fun and explore the world, and meet Gunhild Carling, the jazz musician who plays more than 20 instruments, and still loves learning new things every day!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
In this episode, children will:
- Discover that it is fun to try new things
- Travel to Sweden
- Meet Gunhild Carling, a jazz musician
- If I Never Forever Endeavor by Holly Meade
- The Cow Who Climbed a Tree by Gemma Merino
- What Do You Do With a Chance? by Kobi Yamada
- Finding Nemo (2003) This movie teaches the importance of stepping outside your comfort zone and trying new things even if they scare you at first.
- “Try Everything” Official Music Video from Zootopia Movie.
- A video of Gunhild Carling performing live.
1. Read about “Famous Failures” to help children overcome their fear of trying new things. See the Famous Failures Kit.
2. Make a “Bravery Ladder” to create a bravery ladder, help your child identify steps that will help him gradually achieve a new skill or conquer a fear. Think of it like learning to ride a bike by starting with training wheels.
3. Journal every day with the Big Life Journal-Daily Edition. The daily activities inside the journal help your child focus on encouraging, self-loving thoughts and wire their brain for growth mindset, resilience, confidence, gratitude, kindness, and self-love.
- How did trying new things help Leo?
- What inspired Gunhild to learn to play a variety of instruments?
- What are some new and fun things you can try?
For Parents and Teachers
- 7 Ways to Encourage Your Child to Try New Things
- 9 Ways to Boost Your Child’s Confidence
- How to Make the Most of the Big Life Journal Daily Edition
- Ideas for fun and creative activities to try
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Hernandez.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!