Zara and Leo love to hear from you, our listeners! Listen to the mini-episodes as Big Life Kids (our listeners) from across the world tell us about their amazing adventures.
In this episode, Nina, a Big Life Kid from San Diego in the United States tells us about the online book club she started for new and old friends, while Zara and Leo seek help in their quest to save a VERY old friend!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- Discover the power of asking for help
- Be inspired by our listener Nina
- Create an I Can Ask for Help craft
- The Breaking News by Sarah Lynne Reul
- Just Ask!: Be Different, Be Brave, Be You by Sonia Sotomayor
- Toy Story 4 (2019) G Characters work together to make sure a little girl has a loved toy and ask for help along the way.
- Imagination Press Story Time video of the book Giraffe Asks for Help.
1. Be sure to check out the Self-Esteem & Confidence Kit! The activities help children learn how to overcome their negative self-talk, start believing in themselves, and encourage them to ask for help.
2. Our popular The Confidence of a Lion poster is a wonderful way to build self-esteem, help children recognize their strengths, and encourage positive self-talk.
3. One way to restore your child’s sense of confidence and control during challenging times is by giving them opportunities and encouragement to be of service to others. Read 5 ways Kids Can Inspire and Help the Community and try these five fun activities to help your child contribute and connect.
4. Check out the Podcast Activity Kit for Seasons 1 & 2. The kit includes engaging activities to boost self-esteem, teach the importance of learning from mistakes, encourage resilience and more!
- Who helped Zara and Leo protect the tree?
- What did Nina do to get her book club started?
- Do you want to start something new? Who can help you get started?
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Hernandez.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!