Zara and Leo are back in the Believemobile, on a mission to launch the
most exciting business start-up California has ever seen. But what will
they do when their business becomes a success? Find out in this
math-tastic episode about an actor, writer and mathematician who
achieved BIG results and helped others along the way!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
In this episode, children will:
- learn how to lift others as you rise to success
- travel to California
- be inspired by Danica McKellar, an actor & mathematician
- Ordinary Mary's Extraordinary Deed by Emily Pearson and Fumi Kosaka
- Clifford's Good Deed by Norman Bridwell
- Watch Big Hero 6 (2014) PG When a young genius, the 14-year-old Hiro needs help, Baymax and his friends — Go Go Tamago, Wasabi, Honey Lemon and Fred — turn into a band of high-tech heroes.
- UP (2019) (G) This movie teaches empathy for people different than ourselves and that no one is ever too young (or too old) to help someone else.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE BINGO ACTIVITY
1. The Kindness & Community Kit contains engaging activities that promote kindness and empathy development, and enhance children's capacity to care about others.
2. Our popular Success Iceberg poster is a great visual reminder that reaching success involves effort, grit, failures, frustrations, and rejections. It also means kindness toward others and taking care of yourself.
3. Encourage journal writing (or journal drawing for younger kids). Check out the Big Life Journal 2nd Edition for children ages 7-10. This beautiful journal is filled with encouraging stories, space to draw, and fun writing prompts. It’s designed to help children believe in themselves and cultivate a growth mindset.
- What did Zara and Leo do after reaching success?
- How did Danica help others during her rise to success?
- What is something you've succeeded at that you can teach to others?
For Parents and Teachers
- 5 Ways Kids Can Inspire and Help a Community
- 9 Fun Ways to Boost Your Child's Confidence
- How to Use the Big Life Kids Podcast Together with Big Life Journal
- How to Raise Kind and Caring Children
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Hernandez.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!