In this episode, Vivian and Hadley from New Mexico in the United States tell us about their joint mission: Scooter Camp! Zara and Leo try out Scooter Camp for themselves and find a way to work as a team on the boardwalk. Join in the fun!
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- discover the benefit of working together as a team
- learn how to achieve their goals with teamwork
- understand how helping other people leads to success
- Vivian and Hadley worked together to create a scooter camp. Who in your life would you choose to team up with to achieve a goal?
- Leo had trouble learning how to scooter but figured it out with a little help from Zara. What’s one thing you’ve learned to do with the help of someone else?
- Imagine having your own team. What would you name it? Who would be on your team?
The Golden Acorn by Katy Hudson
This tale tells the story of a squirrel that discovers the value of cooperation over competition.
- The Boy Who Grew Flowers by Jen Wojtowicz
A classic story of kindness, friendship and embracing other people’s differences.
- The Snail and The Whale by Julia Donaldson
An unlikely duo work team up to achieve a goal and help each other along the way.
When Pencil Met Eraser | Read Aloud Story Time | Bri Reads (YouTube Video)
A fun read-aloud video with stop-motion animation that reminds children different people can find success by working together.
- 4 Things We Learn From Teamwork (YouTube Video)
This video teaches children the benefits of working together as a team.
- Can You Win at this Fun Partner Game? | Teamwork Building For Kids (YouTube Video)
This video outlines a fun teamwork activity designed to help children practice teamwork and communication skills.
1. Print off the 5-Day Friendship Challenge from our Challenges Kit. These five different activities are designed to nurture positive relationships and encourage kindness and empathy, which are necessary elements of a successful team.
2. Try a few of the board and card games listed in our Top 35 Cooperative Games for Kids. Cooperative games like these are a good way for your children to develop teamwork skills.
3. Listen to Episode 39 - Lift Others and Multiply your SUCCESS by INFINITY! In this episode, Leo and Zara teach children how helping others leads to success.
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Maloney.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!