Listen on APPLE PODCASTS | Listen on SPOTIFY | Listen on GOOGLE PODCASTS
In this episode, children will:
- understand that siblings can compete and still remain friends.
- discover how to work together with their sibling, even when things get hard.
learn about Venus and Serena Williams and their competitive and supportive relationship.
- In this episode, Leo and Zara competed in a game of Beanbag Battleships: Lakeside Edition. What were the rules of the game?
- Although Serena and Venus Williams were competitive athletes, they always put their friendships above everything else. Do you have a friend or sibling you are competitive with? Has competition ever impacted your friendship?
- Leo and Zara realized that they could use their competitiveness to make each other stronger. In what ways do you think competition with a friend or sibling can make your relationship stronger?
1. Write a "Sibling Pact," available in our Sibling Kit. This pact is a list of rules your children agree on that will create a healthier, more supportive sibling relationship.
2. Come up with a code word each sibling can say if they feel upset with each other, especially in competitive settings. This can give the siblings a chance to check in with each other's feelings and boundaries.
3. Have your children come up with a sibling mantra, like "We are stronger when we're kinder to each other." This statement can empower siblings and remind them of how special their relationship is.
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Maloney.