In this episode, children will:
- discover how to best resolve sibling or friendship conflicts.
- understand the importance of apologizing.
- hear about a real Big Life Kids, Elijah, and how he handled a fight with his brother.
- Why was Wendy Wolf upset with Rex Rabbit?
- Elijah was upset with his brother Gideon when Gideon accidentally hit Elijah with a toy. Has there been a time when a friend or sibling accidentally hurt you? What did you do?
- How did Rex Rabbit and Wendy Wolf resolve their fight?
1. Try the "My Healthy Boundaries Brick Wall" printable available in our Sibling Kit. This activity will help each child communicate their needs ahead of time so that they can prevent conflicts in the future.
2. Have your children use "I feel" statements to effectively communicate with one another. when they fight. These statements could include "I feel hurt when you.." or "I feel left out when...'
3. Have two children roleplay a fake fight and discuss different ways to resolve the conflict. Roleplaying potential scenarios and conversations can help each child understand how to communicate empathetically and can help each child be prepared for situations in the future.
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Maloney.