After traveling across the world and outer space, Zara and Leo finally arrive back in the United States! Find out how to cure jet lag, and discover the power of kindness from the architect who creates homes and changes lives, with just some cardboard and a lot of care!
In this episode, children will:
- discover the superpower of kindness!
- travel to Los Angles, California
- be inspired by Tina Hovsepian, architect and philanthropist
- Turn to Chapter 9 "Be Kind" in the Big Life Journal Second Edition. In this chapter, children will reflect on a time they did a kind thing for someone and how it made them feel.
- The Jelly Donut Difference: Sharing Kindness With the World by Maria Dismondy
- Be Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller
- One Good Deed by Terri Fields
- I Walk with Vanessa by Kerascoët
- The Act Of Kindness Can Change Someone's Life Forever
- Color Your World With Kindness
- The Science of Kindness
1. The 5-Day Friendship Challenge included in the Challenges Kit is a perfect connection-based activity for children and their friends and family. The challenge contains a variety of printables designed to build relationships and strengthen bonds.
2. Help your child create their own “I’m a Helper” Jar (included in the Growth Mindset Activity Kit). They will practice sharing kindness by helping others.
3. Print out the Kindness Trackers available in our Kindness & Community Kit. Your child can check off or color in a section each time he/she performs an act of kindness. This visual can help children see that their actions make a difference.
4. Creating Kindness Rocks is a great way for kids to practice spreading positivity and encouraging others. It's also a great project to do with your family and friends or with your classroom or activities group. Once the kindness rocks are made, kids can hide them around neighborhoods, stores, schools, and other places for people to find (see our list of ideas below).
- How did Tina use her kindness?
- Why did she think her kindness was her superpower?
- Can you think of a time you were kind to someone? What did you do?
For Parents and Teachers
- How to Connect with Your Child Using Love Languages
- Want to Raise Kind Kids? Do this important thing.
- Top 30 Kindness and Friendship Movies for Families
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Kait Bibb.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!