Zara and Leo love to hear from you, our listeners! Listen to the mini-episodes as Big Life Kids (our listeners) from across the world tell us about their amazing adventures.
In this episode, Jaci, a Big Life Kid from Tennessee in the United States, shares her experiences as an ambitious gymnast and competitive dancer, while Zara and Leo hit the dodgeball court to test out a new theory - can the STRUGGLE help you reach success?
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- Learn how struggle can make them stronger
- Be inspired by our listener, Jaci
- Create a Tower of Success
- After the Fall (How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again) by Dan Santat
- Your Fantastic Elastic Brain: Stretch It, Shape It by J. Deak
- How to Catch A Star by Oliver Jeffers
- Wonder (2017) PG: Has clear positive messages about choosing kindness, appreciating everyone for who they are (rather than what they look like), and true friendship; empathy and perseverance are also strong themes.
- Akeelah and the Bee (2006) PG: Akeelah Anderson's life is not easy but she is changing the world... one word at a time.
1. Try Edward de Bono's Thinking Hats, a technique which helps children visualize the thinking process going on in their heads. You can also buy hats in each color and make the thinking physical.
2. Learn how challenges help your brain grow with the “I Can Grow My Brain” poster. The poster asks engaging questions and can be used as a coloring sheet, providing a fun visual that teaches children different ways to grow their brains. Found in the Growth Mindset Printables Kit.
3. Some children fear failure and may internalize struggle. The Big Life Journal — Daily Edition offers children a safe space to record their feelings and grow resilient, confident, and emotionally healthy.
4. Check out the Podcast Activity Kit for Seasons 1 & 2. The kit includes engaging activities to boost self-esteem, teach the importance of learning from mistakes, encourage resilience and more!
- Why didn’t Leo want to play dodgeball?
- How did Jaci persevere through her struggles with dancing?
- What mistakes have you made that lead to success?
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Hernandez.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!