Zara and Leo love hearing stories from our Big Life Kids. In our mini-episodes, we discover some of the amazing things our listeners are up to in their own lives... prepare to be dazzled!
In this episode, hockey sensation Emma from Alberta, Canada explains how she used positive self-talk to help her skate her way to victory.
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- discover how to bounce back from a setback
- be inspired by Emma, our listener from Alberta, Canada
- Be sure to read Chapter 2 "Mistakes Help You Grow" in Big Life Journal - Second Edition and do the fun activities. The science part of this chapter explains to kids that mistakes actually grow their brains!
- Fear Of Failure? Here's Why Making Mistakes Is Good For Your Brain!
- Succeed by Failing by Crash Course Kids
1. Use the Resilience is My Superpower poster (in the Resilience Kit) as a daily reminder for your children of their incredible power to stay resilient. Ask them to fill in the last three affirmations to make it more personal.
2. Use the 5 Reasons Why Failure Is Important poster (in the Resilience Kit) to demonstrate how failures help us learn. Our brains grow and develop in important ways whenever failure occurs. When children understand this concept, amazing things can happen for them.
3. Use My Strategies To Feel Calm poster (in the Resilience Kit) to give your children strategies for emotional regulation during difficult times. When they experience big feelings due to mistakes or failures, we want them to learn how to move through these emotions in a constructive way. Whenever they need a calming activity, refer to the poster for quick, effective ideas.
- How did Emma bounce back from her setback?
- How can you bounce back from your setbacks? What strategies can you use?
- What did you learn about making mistakes?
For Parents and Teachers
- Discover Growth Mindset and How to Believe in Yourself
- 7 Activities to Help Your Child Develop a Positive Attitude
- 9 Activities To Build Grit and Resilience in Children
- 7 New (And Fun) Ways for Kids To Do Affirmations
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Kait Bibb.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!